Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Pretties...

My little girls (the pullets) have started laying! I found two pullet eggs in the hay this morning while doing chores. I've always admired colored eggs. They're so naturally pretty and hardly ever are two eggs the same shade. I've had green eggs for several years now from my Ameraucana/Ameraucana cross girls. They've always been a muted pastel green or olive green color, nothing like the vibrant pastel blue/green egg that I fiind today. I'll call it aquamarine. And I have yet to have a green egg with white doors before. I've had brown spots on them before tho.
The little brown pullet egg isn't as dark aş a typical Cuckoo Maran egg, but it has the typical copper tinge to it. Their eggs tend to get darker as they age.
I can't wait to see what the rest of the little girls start laying!

No comments:

Post a Comment